With twenty years plus professional experience in Australia and the United Kingdom services include:
- Specialised in psychophysical acting (Michael Chekhov Technique and Konstantin Stanislavski), character transformation, character creation, psychological realism for theatre, film, radio, improvisation, contemporary, devised and physical theatre.
- Consistent professional development in skills at advanced levels both in Australia, UK and USA.
- Award-winning recognition for self-directed, written and performed pieces, degree-qualified (Masters with high distinction).
- Specialist in contemporary theatre plays: Australia, United Kingdom and USA.
- Professionally skilled in directing and devising with small professional ensembles, solo artists and tertiary acting students.
- Professionally advanced catalogue of theatrical language-for-the-actor in practical methodologies ranging from Chekhov, Stanislavski, Laban, Viewpoints and Uta Hagen.
- Distinction-level accredited from the Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne (AUS) in directing theatre.
- Accomplished aptitude in theatre artistry: writing, directing and performing text-based solo work.
- Highly skilled in text analysis and dramaturgical approaches.
- Award winner for performances devised from personal experience and in competition, nationally including the Philip Parsons prize for Best Creative Practice-led research project (Elizabeth Taylor is My Mother) in Australia, 2016.
- Speciality service for private tuition and private contracts.
- Tailored to professional actors working on professional roles or actor-training for students wanting to enter the profession at training or industry-level.
- Highly qualified and experienced with curriculum design engaging with adults in tertiary, professional and non-awarded courses.
- Advanced, practical and academic experience with the principles of Konstantin Stanislavski’s The System and Michael Chekhov’s methodologies.
- Eleven years experience in curriculum design, workshop and masterclass facilitation for an expansive range of competence in acting, devising and contemporary text.
- Devised theatre-making and character transformation expertise extending over twenty-nine years.
Awards & Funding
- A winner of LOUD Youtharts Festival, 1996 – ABC Radio, Sydney.
- Performance Access Scholarship Recipient – PACT Youth theatre Sydney, 1998.
- Creative Development funding for playwriting – Citadel Arts Group, Edinburgh. UK. 2005
- Equity Trust recipient – Actors’ Equity, UK. 2007.
- Short and Sweet Sydney – Best Director, Best Actor, Best Overall Production and Best Wildcard. National Institute of Dramatic Art, 2010.
- Open Studio Programs recipient – Melbourne Polytechnic, 2014.
- Michael Chekhov Studio New York Scholarship for Work and Study – International Workshop program 2015 & 2016.
- Philip Parsons Prize 2016 – ADSA, Australasian Association of Drama and Theatre Studies.